Bethea's Byte
Blumenthal: Some GOP 'Have Very Severe Misgivings' About McConnell Impeachment Strategy HjN73
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome
HQi3B.pngHQdZU.png
WELCOME TO YOUR HOME FOR...
NEWS
OPINIONS
DEBATES
AND YOUR VOICE
BETHEA'S BYTE
BYTE THIS
https://www.betheasbyte.com

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 36 registered users
    The newest registered user is Niko

Our users have posted a total of 4724 messages in 2111 subjects
    January 2022
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Blumenthal: Some GOP 'Have Very Severe Misgivings' About McConnell Impeachment Strategy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Male Posts : 2161

http://betheasbyte.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:46 am

Blumenthal: Some GOP 'Have Very Severe Misgivings' About McConnell Impeachment Strategy IlWna

From USA TODAY

Stephanie Behrmann of USA TODAY wrote:
    Blumenthal: Some GOP 'Have Very Severe Misgivings' About McConnell Impeachment Strategy $

WASHINGTON — Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal stated Thursday that he believes some Senate Republicans are concerned with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's approach to working with the White House on how to handle the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump in the Senate.

"I've talked to anywhere from five to 10 of my colleagues who have very severe misgivings about the direction that Mitch McConnell is going in denying a full, fair proceeding with witnesses and documents. My hope is that they will say publicly what Senator Murkowski did, and really hold Mitch McConnell accountable," the Connecticut senator said during “Capitol News Briefing” on the Connecticut Network.

Earlier this week, Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-AK, stated that she is “disturbed” by McConnell’s remarks that he is going to work “in total coordination” with the White House during the upcoming impeachment trial in the Senate, and that he wouldn't be "impartial about this at all."

Her comments come after an interview the Majority Leader had with Sean Hannity on FOX News where he declared that "everything" he does "during this, I'm coordinating with the White House counsel. There will be no difference between the president's position and our position as to how to handle this, to the extent that we can."

Blumenthal quipped that he hoped that if, in fact, some of his Republican Senate colleagues had similar worries, they would step forward like Murkowski.
    "I believe Sen. Murkowski is saying what a lot of my Republican colleagues are thinking, in fact, saying privately," Blumenthal said.

He continued that McConnell is “sabotaging this proceeding by saying he won't be impartial.”

Trump became the third president in history to be impeached after the House of Representatives voted to approve two articles of impeachment over the president's request of Ukraine to investigate political rivals.

According to the rules expressed in the Constitution, during an impeachment trial of the President of the United States, the Senate takes an oath to act as impartial jurors.

Will anyone else in the Republican party step up and say something. You mean to tell me that only Sen. Murkowski has enough guts to say anything? Wow! You really are Trump's stooges.

Just Saying... how disappointed I am with you all.
    Blumenthal: Some GOP 'Have Very Severe Misgivings' About McConnell Impeachment Strategy I6goy

UFC Fight Night 192: Smith vs. Spann

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum