Bethea's Byte
‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WELCOME TO YOUR HOME FOR NEWS, OPINIONS, DEBATES & YOUR VOICE -- BETHEA'S BYTE
Welcome guests and members to the home for News, Opinions, Debates and Your Voice... Bethea's Byte. To all guests of this site, please feel free to look things over, but you are encouraged to register and take part in discussing all news reports posted here. You are also encouraged, as a member to post your own news stories. We would love to have discussions on your news reports as well. You are further encouraged to debate these stories as well, especially in the political areas. All I ask is that no matter what side you're on, keep the debates civil. If you are joining us from another forum, we ask you to affiliate with us. We are more than happy to check you out, join your site and participate with you as well. Once again, you are welcome here at Bethea's Byte. Join in the conversation. Spark a discussion. Have a passionate debate. Most importantly, Let your voice be heard! BYTE THIS!

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

The Last Outlaw

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Statistics
    We have 33 registered users
    The newest registered user is GamrNrd

Our users have posted a total of 4221 messages in 1729 subjects
    Latest topics
    » What are your plans for the day
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Yesterday at 9:34 am by Naiwen

» Here's How Long Derek Chauvin Could Spend in Prison
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:37 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Derek Chauvin Convicted of Murder and Manslaughter in George Floyd's Death
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:55 pm by The Last Outlaw

» 'Wheel of Fortune' Fans Call For Rule Change After Contestant Loses on Minor Technicality
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:12 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Fla. Teacher Who Presented Herself as 'Mother Figure' Accused of Sexually Abusing Student for Years
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:15 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Derek Chauvin Trial: MMA Fighter Who Watched George Floyd's Death Says He Called Police on the Police
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:36 am by The Last Outlaw

» Gun Laws and Stats
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:11 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Floyd Family Kneels Outside Courthouse in Symbolic Statement
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 am by The Last Outlaw

» Boulder Shooting: Multiple Injuries, Residents Take Shelter as Police Look For Gunman
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:28 am by The Last Outlaw

» Person of Interest in the Deaths of 5 People, Including Ex-Wife, Allegedly Admits to Murdering 16
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:53 pm by The Last Outlaw

» If You Haven’t Received Your 3rd Stimulus Check Yet, Here’s Why Wednesday Matters
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:17 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Free Byte: What Grinds My Gears? Cancel Culture
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:42 pm by Kyng

» Tennessee Sister and Brother Charged with First-Degree Murder in the Death of Their Disabled Mother
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:37 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Spa Shooting Victims ID'd As Biden, Harris Head To Atlanta
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:18 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Food and more!
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:49 am by Naiwen

» Michelle Obama Responds to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah Winfrey Interview
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:11 am by The Last Outlaw

» Queen Elizabeth Says Saddened by Harry and Meghan's Experiences
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:53 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Suicide Prevention
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:09 pm by The Last Outlaw

» Jury Selection in Derek Chauvin Case Starts Despite Prosecutors Wanting to Halt Trial
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35 am by The Last Outlaw

» House Progressives Back Revised COVID-19 Aid Bill as Vote Nears
    ‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time Clock-10Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:49 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2021
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

CBOX
    Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki

‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Male Posts : 1739

http://betheasbyte.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am

From Allyson Chiu of The Washington Post

Last week, New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) and his younger brother, CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, went viral after getting into what appeared to be a spur-of-the-moment debate on live television over who is their mother’s favorite son. So when people learned that the elder Cuomo would be back on his brother’s show Monday, anticipation for another night of entertainment was high.

‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time BB11CV9I

And the brothers didn’t disappoint.

They got into it early when Chris, famous for loudly interrupting his guests, attempted to cut off Andrew, who had been talking for several minutes, so the show could break for commercials.

Throughout the roughly 20-minute interview, the brothers struck a balance between weighty and sometimes grim conversation about the coronavirus outbreak sweeping the nation, with New York particularly hard hit, and keeping each other’s egos in check with teasing, slinging mock insults in a practiced manner befitting two guys who have spent decades honing their skills.

At one point, the exchange even brought a smile to Gov. Cuomo’s face — a broad grin that’s rarely been seen since the outbreak.

‘The Comedy Routine America Needs Right Now’: The Cuomo Brothers Return to Prime Time BB11BpDR

Clips of the two men trading barbs circulated widely on social media Monday night, with one person calling the back-and-forth a “master class in backhanded compliments...."

“The Cuomo Boys are the comedy routine America needs right now,” another viewer tweeted.

This isn’t the first time the Cuomos have fallen into old habits on air. Their public razzing was the subject of a Daily Show segment in 2015, during which then-host Jon Stewart remarked, “No matter how big or successful you are, you can always count on your siblings to bring you back to earth.”

The brotherly banter began just minutes into Cuomo Prime Time when Chris, 49, thanked Andrew, 62, for coming back on the show.

“Mom told me I had to,” the governor responded, the corners of his mouth lifting into a slight grin. Chris rolled his eyes.

Later, after the show experienced an audio problem that prevented Andrew from hearing his brother, the governor capitalized on the technical difficulty.

“I hear you, but you should pay your phone bill,” he cracked once the issue was resolved.

“I think the problem is on the state’s infrastructure side, we’ll deal with that later,” the anchor retorted.

The teasing resumed toward the end of the segment with the governor boasting that he is the more attractive of the two, accusing his sibling, who attempted to dispel the notion, of being jealous.

“Don’t worry there’s still time, there’s hope for you. One day you can grow up to be like me,” the elder Cuomo said, laughing.

Then, the conversation appeared to take a turn.

“I’ve tried to be like you my whole life, look where it got me,” the anchor said, adding, “I love you.”

“You’re better than me,” Andrew said. “I’m proud of you.”

But the heartfelt moment was shattered when Chris remarked that he is only better than his brother “on the basketball court.”

“Never, don’t lie,” the governor said, his eyes growing wide, prompting Chris to say, “That’s what Pop said.”

“He [Pop] said Andrew has tremendous capability, he is blessed in many ways, but he has hands like bananas and he can’t play ball,” the anchor said, talking over his brother. “Everybody knows it.”

The governor didn’t back down.

“Put money on the table and I’ll take you out and spank you,” he said.

By late Monday, the Cuomos were trending on Twitter as numerous viewers delighted in their verbal sparring.

“The Cuomo brothers are like the real housewives of CNN,” one person tweeted. “I LOVE the shade.”

Several people noted that the ribbing couldn’t come at a better time.

Others saw a bright future in entertainment for the Cuomos.

“After the coronavirus thing is over, can we please make @ChrisCuomo & @NYGovCuomo a nightly TV show?” one person tweeted. "The Cuomo Comedy Hour would be like an Italian family reunion rap battle.”

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum