Bethea's Byte
Liz Cheney Appointed Vice Chair of Select Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Capitol attack HjN73
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome
HQi3B.pngHQdZU.png
WELCOME TO YOUR HOME FOR...
NEWS
OPINIONS
DEBATES
AND YOUR VOICE
BETHEA'S BYTE
BYTE THIS
https://www.betheasbyte.com

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

The Last Outlaw

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 36 registered users
    The newest registered user is Niko

Our users have posted a total of 4724 messages in 2111 subjects
    January 2022
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Liz Cheney Appointed Vice Chair of Select Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Capitol attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Male Posts : 2161

http://betheasbyte.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:25 pm

Liz Cheney Appointed Vice Chair of Select Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Capitol attack DZQ3n

Liz Cheney Appointed Vice Chair of Select Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Capitol attack AAxYc4g

Adela Suliman of The Washington Post wrote:Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyoming) has been appointed as vice chair of the committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob, according to a statement Thursday from the panel.

“Every member of this committee is dedicated to conducting a non-partisan, professional, and thorough investigation of all the relevant facts regarding January 6th and the threat to our Constitution we faced that day,” Cheney said in a statement. “I have accepted the position of Vice Chair of the committee to assure that we achieve that goal.”

The move further cements Cheney as a major player in the investigation. She was originally tapped to join the committee in July, after she was ousted by fellow House Republicans from her leadership position in May over her challenge of President Donald Trump’s false claim that the presidential election was stolen.

Cheney’s position will boost Democrats’ arguments the probe is bipartisan even as many Republicans oppose it — with some GOP lawmakers going so far as to threaten telecommunications and social media companies that comply with the committee’s requests.

Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Mississippi), the select committee’s chair, welcomed Cheney’s appointment and said her presence “underscores the bipartisan nature” of the effort to get to the bottom of events that led to the attack on the Capitol earlier this year.

“Representative Cheney has demonstrated again and again her commitment to getting answers about January 6th, ensuring accountability, and doing whatever it takes to protect democracy for the American people,” Thompson said in a statement.

The Jan. 6 committee is tasked with investigating the facts related to the attack on the Capitol in which pro-Trump rioters clashed with police and threatened the orderly certification of Joe Biden’s electoral victory.

In June, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) announced the formation of a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 attack after Senate Republicans blocked an effort to form an independent, bipartisan commission.

Cheney, 55, has called her decision to publicly fight Trump a matter of principle, warning that allowing him to falsely claim that the election was stolen amounts to an attack on democracy and is destructive to the GOP and its values.

Trump has publicly reveled in Cheney’s ouster from her House GOP leadership position, calling her “a bitter, horrible human being” in a statement and saying that she was “bad” for the Republican Party.

On Monday, the committee asked 35 companies to retain phone records and other information related to the attack as it ramps up its investigation ahead of the return of Congress next month. Several of the companies indicated this week that they intend to comply with the panel’s requests. However, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-California) said Republicans “will not forget” the actions of telecommunications and social media companies that comply with the committee’s requests.

This is good for Cheney, good for the Jan. 6 commission and very bad for the rest of the GOP and very bad for Donald Trump. How is it bad for Trump you ask? Let me break this down comic book style. You see, Trump likens himself to Superman. What's the best way to take out the Man of Steel? I have on no less an authority than Batman himself as to how to do that job. Short-term exposure to Kryptonite weakens Superman. Long-term exposure to Kryptonite KILLS Superman. So how does my comic description relate to this move by the Jan. 6 commission? Remember I said earlier that Trump likens himself to Superman. If Trump is Superman, then Liz Cheney is his KRYPTONITE! As long as he's gonna make the claim that the election was stolen and basically endorsing the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, Liz Cheney is in the group investigating this attack and will be the Kryptonite that will not only take these people down, but will also put Donald Trump in check, in my humble, DC Comic-loving opinion.

Just Saying.
    Liz Cheney Appointed Vice Chair of Select Committee Investigating Jan. 6 Capitol attack I6goy

UFC Fight Night 192: Smith vs. Spann

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum