Bethea's Byte
Natalie Morales Says Goodbye To NBC Viewers In Touching Farewell: 'It Was An Honor' D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Natalie Morales Says Goodbye To NBC Viewers In Touching Farewell: 'It Was An Honor' D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
HQi3B.pngHQdZU.png
WELCOME TO YOUR HOME FOR...
NEWS
OPINIONS
DEBATES
AND YOUR VOICE
BETHEA'S BYTE
BYTE THIS
https://www.betheasbyte.com

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

The Last Outlaw

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Statistics
    We have 34 registered users
    The newest registered user is Luke The Lad

Our users have posted a total of 4513 messages in 1918 subjects
    December 2021
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    2 posters

Natalie Morales Says Goodbye To NBC Viewers In Touching Farewell: 'It Was An Honor'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Male Posts : 1961

http://betheasbyte.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Natalie Morales Says Goodbye To NBC Viewers In Touching Farewell: 'It Was An Honor' HjGuv

Natalie Morales Says Goodbye To NBC Viewers In Touching Farewell: 'It Was An Honor' H8r2G

Amy Haneline of USA TODAY

Natalie Morales Says Goodbye To NBC Viewers In Touching Farewell: 'It Was An Honor' AAQUHm0

Natalie Morales is signing off from NBC, and she has everyone in tears.

The West Coast anchor of Today and Dateline NBC correspondent announced in October she would be leaving her role with NBC to join CBS' daytime show The Talk. On Friday, she read a letter to viewers to highlight her 22-year-long career with the network.

"Dear viewers … From the minute I stepped in front of the camera and into your living rooms, I knew it was an honor to be part of your morning tradition, the most sacred time,” she said. "With you, I’ve had a front row seat to moments that captured our hearts, moments I will forever cherish as I witnessed history."

The 49-year-old host went on to share some of the most touching and impactful stories she's covered over the years including the rescue of 33 Chilean miners trapped underground for 69 days, two royal weddings, eight Olympic games and the Boston Marathon bombing survivors who inspired her to run again.

"So many extraordinary people touched our lives, trusting us with their awe-inspiring journeys," she said.

She finished her farewell: "You and my Today family have given me a place I will forever call home. Thank you for all those mornings and the lifetime of memories we now share. With all my love and gratitude, Natalie."

Morales was crying when they cut back to her and co-hosts, Al Roker, Craig Melvin, Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb and Carson Daly.

"We love you so much, Natalie. You’re such a treasure," said Guthrie. "I just think about what a great friend you’ve been to all of us. Gosh, and you were a friend to me when I needed it most."

On Oct. 1, Morales announced she was leaving NBC News and a week later, shared she was joining The Talk (2 EDT/1 PDT) as a host alongside Akbar Gbajabiamila, Amanda Kloots, Jerry O’Connell and Sheryl Underwood.

The addition of Morales to the daytime talk show follows several recent departures, including Sharon Osbourne and Elaine Welteroth.

Morales called the move "an extraordinary opportunity."

"I love the new energy and direction and couldn’t be more excited to join Sheryl, Amanda, Jerry and Akbar. I’m looking forward to many good times while talking about the days’ topics, and I can’t wait to get going."

Morales started her career at WVIT, a local NBC station in Hartford, Connecticut, before joining MSNBC, where she was an anchor and correspondent. She eventually scored what she called "golden tickets" with her jobs at Today and Dateline.

She joined Today in 2006 and became the morning show's news anchor five years later, replacing Ann Curry, who had been named to replace Meredith Vieira as a main anchor. But after Curry's messy exit in 2012, Morales was passed over, and Guthrie became co-anchor instead. Morales went on to anchor Access Hollywood, NBC's syndicated infotainment show, and became West coast anchor for Today.

UFC Fight Night 192: Smith vs. Spann
    Kyng

PostKyng Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Congrats to her on such a long and successful career - and best of luck to her in her future endeavours Smile !

The Last Outlaw likes this post

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Male Posts : 1961

http://betheasbyte.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:39 pm

@Kyng wrote:Congrats to her on such a long and successful career - and best of luck to her in her future endeavours Smile !

She's not done. She's leaving NBC and Today to be apart of The Talk on CBS.

UFC Fight Night 192: Smith vs. Spann

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum