Bethea's Byte
Iowa Newspapers Call on Steve King to Resign From Congress D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Iowa Newspapers Call on Steve King to Resign From Congress D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
HQi3B.pngHQdZU.png
WELCOME TO YOUR HOME FOR...
NEWS
OPINIONS
DEBATES
AND YOUR VOICE
BETHEA'S BYTE
BYTE THIS
https://www.betheasbyte.com

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

The Last Outlaw

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Statistics
    We have 34 registered users
    The newest registered user is Luke The Lad

Our users have posted a total of 4512 messages in 1918 subjects
    December 2021
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki

Iowa Newspapers Call on Steve King to Resign From Congress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Male Posts : 1960

http://betheasbyte.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:48 am

Iowa Newspapers Call on Steve King to Resign From Congress I6ke0

From The Washington Examiner

Caitlin Yilek of The Washington Examiner wrote:
    Iowa Newspapers Call on Steve King to Resign From Congress BBSkGcT

Two Iowa newspapers are urging Republican Rep. Steve King to resign as he faces controversy for comments that have been widely deemed racist.

Iowa’s biggest newspaper, The Des Moines Register, wrote Tuesday that King has lost “the potential to effectively represent his Iowa constituents” after he made the comments in an interview with The New York Times published last week.

"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” King told The New York Times. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

Although King argues that his comments were misunderstood to mean that he was questioning why "white nationalist" and "white supremacist" are racist phrases, House Republican leaders removed King from his committee assignments Monday as punishment for the remarks. With his removal from the Judiciary and Agriculture committees, The Des Moines Register argued King will be unable to accomplish anything in the next two years.

“He may as well mail a cardboard cutout of himself to Washington for all he’ll be able to accomplish if no one is willing to work with him,” the editorial board wrote.

The Sioux City Journal, the largest paper in King’s district, published a similar editorial Tuesday condemning the “repugnant” comments.

“It's time for Steve King to go. He should resign his seat in the U.S. House. A new election should be held for voters in Iowa's 4th Congressional District to choose a replacement,” the paper said. “If he cares deeply about citizens of the 4th, and we believe he does, King should do what is in their best interests and step down from office.”

King was narrowly re-elected to a ninth term in Congress in November, despite a pattern of inflammatory comments about race and diversity. He has said he plans to serve out the remainder of his current term.

As I began posting this article, I flashback to a recent comment by Rep. Steve King in which he said, "I don't know how those thoughts were in my head, and I can't believe they came from my mouth." Or something to that affect.  Here's a simple Biblical answer to that comment.

Proverbs 23:7a (NKJV) wrote:For as he (a man) thinks in his heart, so is he.

Think about that Congressman.

Just Saying.
    Iowa Newspapers Call on Steve King to Resign From Congress I6goy

UFC Fight Night 192: Smith vs. Spann

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum