Bethea's Byte
Lindsey Graham Slams Pelosi-Trump Feud: ‘One Sophomoric Response Does Not Deserve Another’ D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Lindsey Graham Slams Pelosi-Trump Feud: ‘One Sophomoric Response Does Not Deserve Another’ D5FRa
Welcome to Bethea's Byte. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements
WELCOME TO YOUR HOME FOR...
NEWS
OPINIONS
DEBATES
AND YOUR VOICE
BETHEA'S BYTE
BYTE THIS
https://www.betheasbyte.com

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

The Last Outlaw

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Statistics
    We have 34 registered users
    The newest registered user is Luke The Lad

Our users have posted a total of 4489 messages in 1900 subjects
    November 2021
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki

Lindsey Graham Slams Pelosi-Trump Feud: ‘One Sophomoric Response Does Not Deserve Another’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Male Posts : 1941

http://betheasbyte.com/forum

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Lindsey Graham Slams Pelosi-Trump Feud: ‘One Sophomoric Response Does Not Deserve Another’ I6ke0

From The Washington Examiner

Caitlyn Yilek of The Washington Examiner wrote:
    Lindsey Graham Slams Pelosi-Trump Feud: ‘One Sophomoric Response Does Not Deserve Another’ BBNCLLP

Sen. Lindsey Graham on Thursday expressed disappointment in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and President Trump amid a tit-for-tat standoff over the partial government shutdown.

Trump canceled a planned congressional delegation trip, led by Pelosi, to Afghanistan, via Brussels, a day after the California Democrat threatened to scrap the president’s State of the Union address later this month.

“One sophomoric response does not deserve another. Speaker Pelosi’s threat to cancel the State of the Union is very irresponsible and blatantly political. President Trump denying Speaker Pelosi military travel to visit our troops in Afghanistan, our allies in Egypt and NATO is also inappropriate,” Graham, R-S.C., said in a statement.

Trump informed Pelosi on Thursday afternoon that she would be unable to use a government or military plane to travel overseas. He suggested she fly commercial if she still wanted to make the trip.

"Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed," Trump wrote. "We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over."

“In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” Trump said. “I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

The move followed Pelosi’s letter to Trump on Wednesday that threw the Jan. 29 State of the Union into doubt. Pelosi claimed the Department of Homeland Security and the Secret Service are not prepared to ensure the safety of top government officials, who will all be in the Capitol during the address, because employees are working unpaid during the partial government shutdown.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen pushed back on Pelosi’s argument, saying both agencies are equipped to do their jobs regardless of whether employees are being paid or not.

“I wish our political leadership could find the same desire to work for common goals as those who serve our nation in uniform and other capacities,” Graham’s statement said.

Lindsey O. Graham, Republican Senator from South Carolina wrote:I wish our political leadership could find the same desire to work for common goals as those who serve our nation in uniform and other capacities
    I have to agree with the man.  This is the true definition of playing politics... the CHILDREN'S VERSION!

I get Pelosi and Trump can't agree with this thing regarding the Shutdown and The Wall.  I get that.  Pelosi wants Trump to postpone the State of the Union address until the government is reopened.  Sounds like a reasonable request, but you know Trump.  Miss a chance to have the camera in front of him?  Forget that!  Pelosi and a Congressional delegation going to visit our troops.  Again, reasonable request.  Trump's answer? "Fly commercial."

Will you both act like grown ups, and get together and find some kind of compromise.

Just Saying.
    Lindsey Graham Slams Pelosi-Trump Feud: ‘One Sophomoric Response Does Not Deserve Another’ I6goy

UFC Fight Night 192: Smith vs. Spann

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum